Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent airwires in package with two internally connected pads?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
samykamkar
805 Views, 3 Replies

Prevent airwires in package with two internally connected pads?

Hi all,

I have a package, a coin cell battery holder with a GND pad and two VCC pads. Both VCC pads are touching the battery, so they don't need to be wired on the schematic, yet they're showing airwires if I don't create routes between them.

Is there a way to modify the package to allow either of the pads (or both) be used for other VCC connections without airwires between the two sides?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
edwin.robledo
in reply to: samykamkar

Hi SamyKamkar,

Your continued participation on the forums are greatly appreciated.  Your ideas and innovation ideas are of great help.   Yes it is possible to do make connections without a wire appearing.

Whenever you have a chance, take a look at section 8.4 of the manual.  You will notice after you append to pads to a pin there will appear a symbol like this:

append2.PNG

Fig: 1

There are two options:

- All: All connections to the appended pin will have wires

- Any: Only one pad will be connected

On figure one I am using the option Any.  Click on the symbol to change the All/Any status.

Please 'accept as solution' if my reply resolves your issue.

Best Regards,

Ed

Edwin Robledo
Tech Marketing Manager
Message 3 of 4
samykamkar
in reply to: edwin.robledo

Hey Edwin,

Awesome, thank you! Also, thank you for the reference in the manual -- I will go read up on that section right now!

Message 4 of 4
shurankain
in reply to: edwin.robledo

Please help me, I have the latest eagle 9.4.0 and I am not able to found where to find tab with config on your screenshot. I spend a whole day for it without any results, and I am also not able to found any 8.4 part in tutorials or so 😞 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report