Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Naming polygon in library footprint editor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
harry008
969 Views, 2 Replies

Naming polygon in library footprint editor

I have to add a special product to my schematic. So I have to create a new library part, by statring a footprint.

The required smd-pad size is not available, so to create then is use al polygon in the foorprint editor.

But other than the board editor polygon its not possible to give the footprint polygon a name.

Placing a solderpad on top of a smd area is against designrules so how do I name the newly created smd pad

Mareike

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rachaelATWH4
in reply to: harry008

@harry008 wrote:

Placing a solder pad on top of a smd area is against design rules

Hello,

I'm not sure I follow here.... what are you referring to by solder pad? Because you are trying to create a custom shaped one.... I do this all the time and it works fine, you don't need to add a name to it.

The correct way to create custom pads is place a small smd pad, turn off stop/cream generation for this pad. Create your custom smd pad shape in the top layer making sure it completely surrounds the centre (origin) of the smd pad. Create equivalent polygons on the tStop/tCream layers too as these are not automatically created for custom pad shapes.

Best Regards,

Rachael

Message 3 of 3
harry008
in reply to: rachaelATWH4

Creating a polygon and then place a smd part solves the prob;em partly, but creates a new one.

What to do to make a pad thermal.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report