Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move the location of lbr, cam, etc. directories

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1300 Views, 2 Replies

Move the location of lbr, cam, etc. directories

Since every new version wants to install into a new directory, the library directory, cam directory, etc. should be placed into the users document directory or someplace similar so we don't have to copy libraries we have added over to the new install location every time.  Also, I hope since AutoDesk now owns Eagle, that they really improve the drawing tools to be more CAD like.  It would be awesome to have trim, extend, offset, etc.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
C.Nicks
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Rodney,

Eagle allows you to use any directory location you like, including mapped network drives.

From the control panel, on the menu go to 'Options -> Directories'.
There you can change all of the directories Eagle uses. The directory settings will be remembered when you update, so once you have them set it's seamless.

I have mapped out a full Layout folder, which includes all of my libraries, settings, ulps separated into sections, projects, etc. I never touch the included libraries, so I don't bother adding them whenever there is an update. Having all of your resources in one place makes backup and transfer very easy.

What I would like to see though is support for sub directories. You have to list every single folder to be used, which turns into a really long list if you're like me and like to have everything broken down into categories.

I hope this helps out and have a great weekend.

-Cameron

Best Regards,
Cameron

Eagle Library Resources

Kudos are much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.
Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: C.Nicks

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report