Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing DXF files incomplete import

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
4296 Views, 10 Replies

Importing DXF files incomplete import

I created a drawing in Abobe illustrator as a template for my PCB. It is what I need to import into Eagle. When I run the import DXF script, only the outside frame imports. All the drawings with in the frame are gone. Any idea what can fix this?

I have included the dxf if someone wants to try it. This is a screen shot from AI of the original drawing. 

hldxf.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
huayuliang
in reply to: Anonymous

before you import your dxf file, select the layer plz..

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: huayuliang

Do you happen to have a more detailed procedure? Select what layer?

Message 4 of 11
huayuliang

I downloaded your file and open it just now, the shape does not suit to import to EAGLE. there is many CAD software to do this. do not use image block in dxf drawing file

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I am trying to understand your reply, but it is too vague. I'll wait for a more detailed solution. Thanks for trying.

Message 6 of 11
huayuliang

here is the dxf file, you can import to EAGLE, I don't know wether the right part is your need or not.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

How did you do it though?

Message 8 of 11
huayuliang

I said in my previous post, do not use "block" in your dxf file, it can only process simple shape in EAGLE, even the polygon.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

That is where I don't understand. What is "Block"?

Message 10 of 11
huayuliang

To easy operate a complex shape that contain of many element such as line, circle and other basic shape, many software use the object "block" to contain them become to one object. then you can easy to use this object.

many software often use block to done the “export procedure”, but there should be the option let you choice.

sorry for my bad enlish..

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Okay, I found the solution. https://todbot.com/blog/2011/06/06/from-illustrator-to-eagle-vector-graphics-in-circuits/comment-pag...

All i needed to do was install this dxf polygon import script.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report