Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I must provide long term support for my designs

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
k3118562
590 Views, 0 Replies

I must provide long term support for my designs

Hi,

my products have very long life cycles, I must be able to provide support (i.e. make changes to designs) over a period of 10 years minimum.

One of my designs was in production from 1994 to 2015, 21 years! In another long running product, I had to replace an obsolete relay after >10 years to continue production.

This already kept me from buying other software with online activation and/or subscription based licensing. I even had to use inferior products to comply with customer requirements.

After all, 500USD per year is far too expensive and the standard version is too crippled. Maintenance of my Pulsonix license is much cheaper.

Usual maintenance contracts are 10..20% of the purchase price, so 160...320USD per year for Eagle Professional LSR would be competitive. Not to allow using it but to provide updates, of course.

So good luck, Autodesk. I'm afraid you don't know what you are doing.

Oliver

P.S.: I think, CircuitStudio is also a big fail. I don't think it is a big seller.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report