Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML markup inconsistent

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Nicholas54
279 Views, 1 Reply

HTML markup inconsistent

Certain areas such as descriptions allow the use of HTML markup, but it seems that it is inconsistently handled. Sometimes the HTML is both processed and also displayed as text (not hidden / invisible). There is also disparity between previews and tooltip pop ups.

For example, if I add a description to one of my sheets like this:

Example Headline
Example Description

then in the preview box as I type I can see that the two lines are merged into a single line with no line break. But, if I click OK and hover my mouse over the sheet, the tootip popup shows the text as on two lines. This disparity is confusing.

If I go back and edit the description like this:

Example Headline
<br/>
Example Description

then it displays correctly as expected in the preview window as I type it (with the text on two lines), but once I click "OK" and hover over my sheet the tooltip popup shows the HTML markup along with my text taking up 3 lines.

Here is where it gets interesting, if I instead do this:

<b>Example Headline</b>
<br/>
Example Description

then it displays correctly as expected in BOTH the preview windows as well as the tooltip popup. The first line is bold, the second line is not and all HTML markup is hidden or not displayed.

I've tried the following for testing to see if it made a difference, but it does not:

<br></br>
<br/>
<br/><br/>

Note that when I use two back to back line breaks it shows correctly in the preview window (one blank line) but the tooltip popup only process one line break but shows the HTML for both.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
edwin.robledo
in reply to: Nicholas54

hi Nicholas54,

Thanks for your forum participation, I was able to reproduce the exact same behavior your experience.

Seems that the tool tip has no problem recognizing the 'Control Return' but then it displays HTML in its raw form.  As you mentioned, there is a bit of inconsistency between the tool tip display and the intended HTML format.  I will create a report for this.  Thanks for taking the time.

Best Regards,

Ed

Edwin Robledo
Tech Marketing Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report