Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eagle lacks Window->Zoom menu bar function on macOS

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
samykamkar
265 Views, 0 Replies

Eagle lacks Window->Zoom menu bar function on macOS

In virtually every application on macOS, there's a "Window" menu bar with a "Zoom" button. This is used to maximize the current window, just like holding down the "Option" key while hitting the green zoom button at the top left of the window. (technically it's just stretching the window size to fit the screen, not really zooming)

Eagle does have the "Window" menu bar but lacks the "Zoom". This wouldn't be as much of an issue except that Eagle has a different bug where it almost never seems to remember window sizes, so I'm constantly resizing various windows as they're opening. I could assign a global hotkey with the macOS Keyboard preferences to click the "Zoom" button under the Window menu, but because Zoom doesn't even exist in there, I haven't found any reasonable way to have a hotkey maximize the window.

I've attempted doing this with AppleScript as well, but that also fails (even though it works for every other application I've tried), eg:

osascript -e 'tell application "EAGLE" to tell first window to set zoomed to not zoomed'

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report