Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eagle 9.1.x won't start on Windows 10

92 REPLIES 92
SOLVED
Message 1 of 93
thomas_modliba
37586 Views, 92 Replies

Eagle 9.1.x won't start on Windows 10

I got a new notebook and tried to install Eagle, first 9.1.0, then 9.1.3.

On first start I need to enter account data and last verify with SMS code.

Then window disappears and nothing happens.

When I try to start Eagle, sometimes there's the splash-screen, but no program window opens. I can see in task manager that eagle .exe quits after some seconds.

Already deleted c:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Eagle\subscription.v1 - start over wiith verification and same issue

So I am not able to use the program. Any ideas to fix it?

92 REPLIES 92
Message 2 of 93

Hi @thomas_modliba

Could you try start 'eagle_SW_OpenGL.bat' in EAGLE installation folder?

I guess the issue is related to your video card drivers.

Regards

Message 3 of 93

Hi andrii.anpilogov,

thanks for your attention, unfortunately this didn't change a thing.

The CPU with integated graphics is a Celeron N3450, driver, see attachment

Message 4 of 93

Hi @thomas_modliba

I see...

Could you zip c:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Eagle\crash-dumps folder and share it here or over email (I'll send it over private message)?

Thanks

Message 5 of 93

Sorry, but this folder is empty, except empty 9.1.3 dir

Message 6 of 93

Weird...

Could it be the case that your antivirus kills EAGLE?

Or maybe you have some shell extensions installed (like Dell Backup and Recovery)?

Looks like EAGLE doesn't crash but is killed by some other application.

Message 7 of 93

I know, I have Eagle running on several other machines, and woulld call myself an experienced user.

This one is new and has nothing special installed, Antivirus is just Windows defender.

I also granted all possible rights to entire installation directory

Message 8 of 93

I'm sorry saying that but so far I don't have better ideas what could be wrong.

If I could come up with some thing I'll let you know.

Message 9 of 93

allright, bad luck

is it possible that this is related to VC++ redistributable?

I habe 2008, 2010, 2012, 2017 both x64 and x86 but not 2015.

When I try to install 2015 from Eagle installation directory, setup fails with message that newer version already installed

Message 10 of 93

Potentially, it could be the case.

Try to uninstall others and install only 2015.

Message 11 of 93

I found out that installing 2015 didn't change the situation and that 2017 is just a more recent version of 2015.

I updated to 9.1.3 on other machine, this works. The difference that I found is, that on other machine main window appears before registration dialogue appears.

One thing I need to mention here that since 8.0 the permanent need to login to account is annoying, especially on each and every minor upgrade, which is almost every two weeks, but now, with SMS verificytion in addition THIS REALLY SUCKS!

Message 12 of 93

Hi @thomas_modliba

EAGLE doesn't require signing in every time it's launched.

Sign In dialog would pop up only if EAGLE was staying offline (or hasn't been used) more than 14 days.

Otherwise EAGLE would just get online automatically without asking for username and password.

Regards

Message 13 of 93
Anonymous
in reply to: andrii.anpilogov

Hello,

I have the same issue with 9.1.3. After clicking the Icon the splash-screen appears and disappears but then nothing happens.

I'm not satisfied with the stability of eagle. I can soley run 8.3.2. Version 8.6.3 does also not start reliable.

Daniel

Message 14 of 93

I am often not using Eagle during two weeks, so in my case, when I am not working on a project, nearly everytime I start Eagle I need to login or install an update and login.

You can see on the screenshot, that having problems with the program I need SMS authentication very often.

Message 15 of 93

So I spent another two hours of problem solving, as school starts the next week and needed to get it work.

I am teachter and should be teaching to use the software and not to troubleshoot bugs.

Finally I found a solution by myself: I searched for legacy versions and now got 9.0.1 running right after install. 

Message 16 of 93

so, two weeks later I needed to draw a schematic - main window disappeared right after start.

I deleted "subscription.v1" and after authentication (SMS-code ....) it worked.

So probably the issue is related to subscription generation on some machines?

Main changes since last time: common Windows update, enabled .net 3.5

Message 17 of 93

No Luck with 9.2.0, doesn't work.

With 9.0.1 I found the funny situation, that it runs only once, need to delete subscription and tun through registration ecerytime I need to use Eagle.

So Problem must be subscription related, but on Windows 1607 Enterprise Machines it works good

Message 18 of 93

Hi @thomas_modliba

We recently see few more users suffering with unexpected crashes on Windows caused by installed Dell Backup and Recovery application.

I've asked above if you have it installed but could not find an answer.

Could you double check if you have Dell Backup and Recovery installed on this PC?

Regards

Message 19 of 93

dear Andrii,

I don't have Dell nor any other backup software installed.

Machine is a Chuwi Lapbook Air, there was no manufacturer specific software installed, also no specific drivers.

It came with Windows 10 installed, upgraded to 1803, currently to 1809. I use German language pack on english Windows 10. I have the same configuration on my Mi Pad, here all versions work

On 9.0.1 I can input credentials, password, pin, then it will run one time.

Starting a second instance in parallel crashes after splashscreenwithout any error.

Need to delete subscription and redo authentication process every time I need to use Eagle.

Running Eagle a second time shows an empty main window after splash screen, one second later window disappears and process ends as I can see in Task Manager.

This procedure doesn't work since 9.1.0, after going through authentication process the window disappears, process ends just after splash screen, nothing else is shown.

Message 20 of 93
Anonymous
in reply to: thomas_modliba

I am also using Chuwi Lapbook 14.1  128G SSD, 8G RAM with windows 10 Home

I have exactly the same problem as you.

The computer is new and clean without any software installed ( except Fusion 360 , but Fusion 360 is running ok )

Eddie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report