Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAGLE 8.1.0: Walkaround and Obstacle avoidance land in EAGLE!

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
matt.berggren
3372 Views, 21 Replies

EAGLE 8.1.0: Walkaround and Obstacle avoidance land in EAGLE!

Hi All --

(Just when we American's thought they were going to bed...  🙂  We are happy to announce that the latest update to EAGLE is now available from within your installed software.  To access this, locate the License Information menu under the Control Panel.  You should get an option to Download Update

Update 8.0.2.png

This update introduces, amongst other things, the Walkaround and Obstacle Avoidance mode for Routing!  (On by default)   This is not an extension of the Follow Me router but rather, a completely new set of routing tools which follow design rules for clearance and which, when combined with Loop Removal which we'd introduced in 8.0, a simplified Spacebar to change routing layers, we hope these vastly improve your routing experience for EAGLE PCB.

The commands are on the far-left hand side of the Routing toolbar when in routing mode.  You can continue to route without constraint or use the new obstacle avoidance to avoid costly mistakes!

walkaround.png

For those that hadn't seen this in action, have a quick peak at the gif below and please please please provide your feedback!

Best regards,

Matt

obstacle avoidance and walk around.gif

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
C.Nicks
in reply to: matt.berggren

Hey Matt,

I'm still liking the new obstacle avoidance, but I would like to know if there is any way to create a shortcut to toggle it on and off.

Sometimes I really just need to take control. I rarely ever use the toolbars and have all of the most used tools mapped to a controller.

I do like all these new features coming, but any new tool or mode introduced needs to have shortcut capabilities.

I would also like to suggest that any option that uses binary options, be changed to support a toggle mode vs having to use SET on/off.

I've written some scripts in autohotkey to help with Eagle, but it is Windows only and I also design on Mac.

- Cameron

Best Regards,
Cameron

Eagle Library Resources

Kudos are much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.
Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 22 of 22

Hi,

Is there a progress in this topic. I'm also interested in and would like to change separation value.

Best Regards,

Mateusz Machnik NETSU

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report