Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drill overview

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1709 Views, 2 Replies

Drill overview

This is my first post so bear with me if I make a mistake or wrong assumption.

I am a student and have been using Altium for a long time, I recently decided to try eagle, as it seemed like a less cumbersome alternative to Altium, for making "simple" PCB designs.

When using Altium there is the possibility to get an overview of the number of "holes" in a print and the sizes of the drills that would be used to make them. I have been searching for a bit but cannot seem to find any mention of a similar feature in Eagle. Is this because it does not exist?

Thanks in advance 

- Casper

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hudriwudri
in reply to: Anonymous

Open the manufacturing preview (top-right on board view) and switch to the drills tab.

In older Eagle versions, you could use "run drillcfg" (which exports the different drill sizes to a file, but does not show the quantity) or "run drillegend-stack" (which adds the drill table to a separate layer on the board).

Message 3 of 3
rachaelATWH4
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Casper,

You can get this information from the Manufacturing flyoff in the drills tab. On the right hand side of the board you should see three buttons Manufacturing, Fusion 360 and Fusion Team. Click on the manufacturing button and it'll open up the window for the Manufacturing flyoff. Here is an example of what it looks like for listing drills:

image.png

If you want to be able to change a current drill to match what's already in your design then I wrote a ULP which adds a Change Via... context menu entry and allows you to select a via style from those existing in the design already. Useful if you've got a mix of similar vias but lots of different drill sizes and you need to consolidate them to a standard set of drills. You can find this and a load of other useful utilities I wrote for EAGLE over on element14 here: EAGLE ULP Utilities Library

You can also generate a drill legend for your final output drawings with a ULP but that's not what you want for a quick overview.

Best Regards,

Rachael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report