Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blind Via Ratio

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bcarterW8DV4
3842 Views, 2 Replies

Blind Via Ratio

What does the error message "blind via radio" in the design rules file mean?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi bcarterW8DV4,

Thanks for your participation on the forum.  In the DRC screen, go to the tab called Sizes.  Here is where you setup the Blind Via Ratio which also knows as the allowed aspect ratio, usually this is value that can be supplied by your boardhouse.  The blind via ratio is a value that takes into consideration the thickness of your layer versus the width of you via drill hole. 

Screen Shot 03-03-17 at 06.17 PM.PNG

The violation can occur because the value entered does not match the Ratio that was used in DRC.  This is a value that can be accepted in your DRC error list since it doesn't really take it into consideration when creating your Gerber files.  But for future post processing implementation, try to use valid values.

If you need a bit more reference, take a look at page 146-147 of the reference manual.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ed

Edwin Robledo
Tech Marketing Manager
Message 3 of 3

I finally just played with the blind via ratio until I found a number that worked - 10.  We are designing hybrid circuits, not PCB's, so I do a lot of things that wouldn't work on a PC board.  Things like 1 mil annular rings, ridiculously small holes, etc.  Evidently they can manufacture ceramic layers with much greater precision than PC board house can do PC boards.  I have my own design rules file with values appropriate for hybrid circuits now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report