Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen on Startup

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
3899 Views, 6 Replies

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

I am currently attempting to run eagle 9.3.0 on Ubuntu 18.04.

When I run eagle from the command prompt I get a black screen that Sign In on the top program window. Below is an example of the information that I get when I try to run eagle from the command prompt. The ERROR that is printed repeats about 20 times before stopping and then nothing happens. I have tried going back and running other versions of 9.x.x and it has generated the same issues.

Please let me know how I can help address this issue I am experiencing.

michael@michael-ubuntu:~/Programs/eagle/eagle-9.3.0$ ./eagle
Sandboxing disabled by user.
[2556:2565:0225/112123.555173:ERROR:nss_ocsp.cc(591)] No URLRequestContext for NSS HTTP handler. host: ocsp.digicert.com
[2556:2565:0225/112123.555237:ERROR:nss_ocsp.cc(591)] No URLRequestContext for NSS HTTP handler. host: ocsp.digicert.com

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Running these commands I was able to get Eagle to run appropriately.

michael@michael-ubuntu:~/Programs/eagle/eagle-9.3.0$ export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1
michael@michael-ubuntu:~/Programs/eagle/eagle-9.3.0$ ./eagle

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks. this thread helped. I had originally gotten a workaround to run eagle, but for some reason today it stopped working and i got the black screens.

I used your solution (which was an alternate solution to my original problem in my thread as well) and got it to work with my custom Ubuntu / PopOS launcher. Now when i press my "super key" and type in "Eagle" i can launch it without having to dig around in a terminal. It works again! Thanks!

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/eagle-forum/eagle-fails-to-run-symbol-lookup-error-lib-x86-64-linux-g...

Message 4 of 7
sandipmaurya030

Still black screen.

Screenshot from 2022-01-17 13-20-21.png

Message 5 of 7

Also having this problem, would really appreciate some help on this.

Eagle Version: 9.6.2

nbrittain3_0-1648852916959.png

Getting a black screen on login, this is a new problem, wasn't happening a month ago. Tried to reinstall eagle and can't login at all.

Message 6 of 7
chriscombs
in reply to: nbrittain3

are y'all sure you're entering "export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1" before running Eagle? that screenshot just seems to show you running the main Eagle binary.

personally I put together a small shell script, like this:

#!/bin/bash
export LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1
/usr/share/eagle/latest/eagle

^ that's where I store it, in /usr/share/eagle/latest. your mileage may vary.

and you can make a desktop icon by creating ~/.local/share/applications/eagle.desktop with contents:

[Desktop Entry]
Comment=Eagle
Terminal=false
Name=Eagle
Exec=/usr/share/eagle/eaglewrapper.sh
Type=Application
Icon=/usr/share/eagle/latest/bin/eagle-logo.png
Version=9.4.0
Categories=Electronics

Message 7 of 7

Hi, it seems i have the same issues. Did you solve it in any way?

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report