Did you mean: 

Dynamic Array Distance

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
paulinasaade
1248 Views, 4 Replies

Dynamic Array Distance

I am creating a window block and I want to be able to change the length and the number of frames.

I used a distance parameter and a stretch action for the length but I want to be able to make for example 2 frames of 0.75m instead of 1 frame of 1.5m so I figured I could use an array action with a linear parameter to double it.

The problem is that I dont know how to associate the array distance with the length of the window. For example I want to stretch the window to 1m and then use array to double it and make it a 2m window of 2 1m frames.

I don't know if I'm making sense or if this is even possible but if anyone can help me, please do.

I attached the block so you can see what I'm talking about

Polina

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: paulinasaade

You cannot dynamically adjust the 'column offset' or 'row offset'.  In fact, if you searched 'arry' in this forum I bet 90% of the threads would be asking how to do exactly that.  Through visibility states you can adjust how many entities are shown and stretch them evenly.  See the attached screencast.

Message 3 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: Libbya

If you want the number to automatically switch, you can do that as well.  This next screen capture picks up right where the last one left off.  Let me know if you get stuck or need further explanation.

Message 4 of 5
paulinasaade
in reply to: Libbya

Thank you, that was very helpful!

Message 5 of 5

And explore the concept into multiple panels as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services