4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Mike_Y2
296 Views, 4 Replies

Visibility state change alters block sizes

Hi,

I have atatched a file with a block...

The dynamic block works if I change the visibility state first and then change the size of the block (using the grips on the top right corner) second

If however I change the size of the block (using the grips on the top right corner) first and THEN change the visibility state second the block moves position. I only intend to change the visibility sate not the position.

What am I missing?

Why is a change in visibility state changing the position of the block?

Thanks for your help

M

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
R.Gerritsen4967
in reply to: Mike_Y2

Adding a 'FIX' constraint at the bottom left corner of the white polyline seems to solve your problem.

See attachment...

Message 3 of 5
Mike_Y2

@R.Gerritsen4967 Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried your file but it still doesn't work as far as i can tell. See the attached video

Message 4 of 5
R.Gerritsen4967

Doe you mean the slot on the bottom that is not moving?

I think this is a different problem.

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve, but there are a lot of constraints in this block.

For instance the constraints on the 'grain' symbol in the center of the block. Not sure if you need all those.

The more constraints you have, the more 'heavy' the block becomes.

Attached is a modified version of the block.

Lots of things changed/deleted.

Also re-did your visibility states. Looks like there was something funny with those. The slot in the bottom is now moving in all viewstates.

Hope this helps!

Message 5 of 5
Mike_Y2

@R.Gerritsen4967 Thanks that works!!!

I added constraints to the grain symbol as I did have 1 grain symbol and a rotate action on it. However I couldn't get it to work so I swapped to 2 gain symbols and a visibility sate to turn each grain symbol on or off.

The handle slot stays in the correct position it is the rectangles that were changing position.

Thanks again for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report