Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tim's Tip Array Chained to a Stretch

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
timothy_crouse
511 Views, 0 Replies

Tim's Tip Array Chained to a Stretch

Hope this helps someone out - I have never been able to get linear array to work without having the arrayed objects overlapping.  I was trying to Chain and array to a stretch but was inevitable setting it up in error.  I kept trying trying to use two parameters.

This technique uses parameters and actions, not parameter sets.  I mention this because I was hoping someone could explain how to use a linear array set

chained to a stretch........anyone 🙂

Scenerio:

You want to stretch an object and array another set of objects based on the stretch movement.

1. setup the array via ARRAY not linear array parameter set

2. Add a stretch not a linear stretch parameter set, select the orignal array paramaeter

3. Setup the object to be strectched

4. Set the parameter properties to Chain = Yes

Be sure to set the interval and distance property settings to the desired values

The attached block also includes a wipeout.  I keep the wipeouts on a separate layer so they can be frozen as routine drafting is being performed.

This is because many wipeouts become a heavy drag on the performance and can be quite frustrating.  A typical data center floor plan can end up with so many wipeouts that it will cause the video to flicker as drafting tasks are performed.  

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta