Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smooth stretch and interval move using same grip point (DIN rail)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rscott16
260 Views, 3 Replies

Smooth stretch and interval move using same grip point (DIN rail)

Hello,

I'm trying to create a dynamic block of DIN rail that smoothly stretches (not in intervals) while also moving a drill hole along with it, but in intervals so it lines up with the rail cutouts. The difficult part I'm having is getting this all to happen with one grip, if it's possible.

The example I've attached does what I want, but only the first time as it's using two grips that are initially stacked on top of each other. So once you stretch the block, dimension 1 grip goes where you click but dimension 2 snaps to the closest interval set. Now the user has two grips that won't move together anymore. I've tried using constraints or chain linking an interval distance to the non-interval stretch distance, but I'm not very familiar with either of them and not having any luck.

This may be one of those things where I'm trying to have my cake and eat it, too. If anyone has any suggestions or perhaps better ways to approach the situation, I'd appreciate it. TIA

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: rscott16

You could do it with a double lookup.  See attached.  Make sure BACTIONBARMODE = 0 so that you can see both lookup tables.  You'll need to fill out the other 80 rows of the tables...  😛

Message 3 of 4
rscott16

I had seen your instruction on creating double lookups before but wasn't sure how it could be applied. 80 rows of data later...this worked just as I wanted it to, thank you!

The only issue I had was the last line in the table. Entering "(2000,)" did not move it to the last spot. I instead just entered 2000 as the value (the max stretch distance) and it moved the circle to the last position.

Thanks again, Libbya!

Message 4 of 4
Libbya

I'm glad I could help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report