Did you mean: 

Rotate action results in "One or more constrained objects cannot be resolved."

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
dmfrazier
8967 Views, 21 Replies

Rotate action results in "One or more constrained objects cannot be resolved."

I have what I thought was going to be a fairly simple DB that has turned into a challenge I cannot resolve on my own.

It's a "slot" (elongated hole) that allows the user to dynamically change the diameter and the length.  These properties work "well enough" (sometimes I get quirky results, but I can deal with it; I may add lookups to minimize exposure to the quirks), but when I attempt to add the ability to rotate the slot, I get a hint (a brief preview) of the block rotating, but when I drop the grip it stays where i drop it, but the geometry reverts back to the default rotation and the message "One or more constrained objects cannot be resolved" shows on the command line.  Attempting to enter a rotation in Properties is similarly fruitless.

I'm stumped.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
dmfrazier
in reply to: Libbya

Maybe (untested) a Polar Stretch Pair, or two polar stretches in opposite directions, one chained to the other, one with a -1 Distance (?).

Have at it! (I've got to get back to work.)

Message 22 of 22
Libbya
in reply to: dmfrazier

Without the 'midpoint' option, you're back to half-length input or having the stretch/rotation base point be at the center of the left arch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report