Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested blocks do not update

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
601 Views, 5 Replies

Nested blocks do not update

I have 19 nested blocks in one block, in the same file. In that file, I am editing each nesting block but the parent block does not update the new block definition. Regen doesnt work, nor does inserting the parent block again.

Also my parameters/actions are on the current layer when I open the block editor, they used to always revert back to layer 0. Is this some sort of system variable?

Both of these problems started at the same time in files that were just fine before...
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are there any attributes in the blocks?

BTW, that is why I never nest blocks.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

There are attributes.

I had a retarded moment and the nested blocks were inserted on layer 0, which I had locked. But the question is how can I set the block editor to open and set the current layer to 0. I'm assuming that actions and parameters take the properties of whatever layer the block editor opens as.

For us, we have reduced 361 blocks to 19, so it's the better option for now
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I have never heard of actions or parameters as being "on a layer". If that were true, then you would be able to freeze the dynamic properties of the blocks if you freeze a certain layer.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

It doesnt change the functions of the grips, just the color of the stretch box and freezing/turning off/locking layers in the block editor. I've found it helpful when dealing with a ton of VISSTATEs and changes need to be made to the block geometry only. Once you exit the block editor, they, for lack of a better phrase, "lose" all layer properties.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Maybe try the command ATTSYNC ?
this will update attributechanges to the blockrefs that you select.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost