Lookup with XY Parameters not working properly

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
felix_hofbauerJECSJ
165 Views, 2 Replies

Lookup with XY Parameters not working properly

Hi!

I created a Block in my actual Drawing with a Lookup Parameter. In this Lookup I change  the XY-Distance Parameters and with the XY-Parameters I alter the Position of a Line and direction (angle).

My Parameter List is in german but it Basically say "Left, Right, Top, Bottom" 

Problem:

In Block Test Mode, if I choose "Unten(Bottom)" in my Lookup, my XY-Parameters somehow reset or break, I don't know what's happening in the background, and if I select a different item in the Lookup the Y-Coordinates stay "0" and are not changing to the set Value. 

What I noticed is, that in the Properties it says "Benutzerdefiniert" (user defined) and not the selected item of the Lookup.

If you want to edit the Block in the Drawing, type _bedit and select "actual drawing".

Thx for explanations!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Parameters don't like being set to 0, it really confuses them. Set it to a really small distance like 0.001 and it will work. See the image below

hwalker_0-1691147546891.png

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 3

Thanks! It worked. I don't like the solution, but that's because of AutoCAD. It's just a shitty software...

The Zero thing came to my mind, but I wasn't sure. Haven't heard about that before, and because it worked with the X-Axis Parameter, I thought it's ok, but unfortunately not with the Y-Axis Parameter.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta