Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linear Stretch & text

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2874 Views, 3 Replies

Linear Stretch & text

Ok here's a quick one. I have an drawing index header block that I want to be able to stretch out just in case the text extends past the border of the "table".  Now I have the right edge of the thing stretching fine, no issues.  But figuring out how to have the header text stay centered while I stretch it is another thing.  Is this doable?   I have it so that I stretch it and then have a linear move for the text and center it with a mid between 2 points.  But I'd like to have it stay centered while I stretch it so it's only one stretch. 

I've attached the block for reference...

How would this be accomplished? 

Thanks!

-Jason

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

Add stretch for the end of the table, add move to the same parameter for moving the text.  Change the distance multiplier for the move action to 0.5 so the text moves half the distance of the parameter movement.  

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

@Libbya wrote:

Add stretch for the end of the table, add move to the same parameter for moving the text.  Change the distance multiplier for the move action to 0.5 so the text moves half the distance of the parameter movement.  

Man...  well that was simple enough.  Thanks a ton for the help!

-Jason

Message 4 of 4
MMcCall402
in reply to: Anonymous

You can do both actions with one parameter.

Delete parameter Distance 2

Add a Move action to Distance 1 and select the text as the object to move.

To keep the text centered you need the move action to move the text half the distance that the stretch action stretches the box. Move actions have a Distance Multiplier property that allows you to multiply the move action's distance in relation to the parameter that operates it.  In this case the multiplier would 0.5.  You'll find this property in the properties window after by selecting the move action.

Note that there is an angle property as well such that you could make the move direction different the the parameter's direction.  Move and stretch actions have these properties.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report