Flip action in dynamic block doesn't scale with rest of block

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
JCTinc07
675 Views, 2 Replies

Flip action in dynamic block doesn't scale with rest of block

Hi,

I have a dynamic block that has a couple stretches, a move, a scale linked to a look up and a flip . Everything in the block scales fine except the flip arrow. I know the flip will scale with a block as I have other blocks where this works, but they are older and maybe this feature has been removed in newer versions. I am using acad 2017. I am uploading the block. Any suggestions??

D

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: JCTinc07

You have a couple issues that are preventing the flip grip from scaling with the rest of the block.  The first issue is very simple.  You do not have the flip parameter included in the scale action's selection set.  There is a second issue that is easy to solve but a bit more obscure.  A flip action is scaled based on the relationship between the flip action's base point (center grip of flip line) and the base point of the scale action.  In your block, your scale action is dependent so it inherits its base point from the base point of the linear parameter with which it is associated.  You happen to have the linear parameter base point and the flip action base point stacked on the exact same point.  Because of this, even if the flip parameter is added to the scale action selection set, the grip still will not scale with the rest of the block.  The solution is simple, though.  Move the flip parameter base point to the location of the grip.  With those two issues addressed the flip grip scales properly.  See screencast.   

Message 3 of 3
JCTinc07
in reply to: Libbya

Thank you for the quick response and the solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta