Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Attribute with via parameter

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
thomas_schlüssi
185 Views, 3 Replies

Change Attribute with via parameter

Hello!

I've asked this question before, but I'm still looking for a solution to the following problem:

I have a dynamic block, in it there is an attribute with the text alignment "Adjust".

This alignment type means that the text displayed in the attribute is always bound to a maximum width, which is exactly what I need.
However, I have several visibility of my block and I now want to change the width of the attribute using parameters.

In one visibility my block is narrower than in the other and the attribute should always stay within the block.

I'm currently solving this by simply using two attributes, but that's a bad solution because I have to write values into both attributes using a block properties table.

As can be seen in the attached video, I would like to adjust the attribute, but this should work using parameters.

Hope for a solution 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: thomas_schlüssi

You could use three attributes; one to house the value with its property invisible set to yes but its visibility set to visible in all visibility states, two others of varying width for the two visibility states and containing a field that references the value of the first attribute.  You would then only need to adjust the value of the first attribute in order to change the displayed value of the two different attributes in the two visibility states.  

Message 3 of 4
thomas_schlüssi
in reply to: Libbya

Hi, i think that is a good idea.

I tried it but i can't get the textfield to work. I tried it with blockplaceholder and object -> value.

Message 4 of 4

Ok, now i got it to work with fields.
I needed to check "Show value for block reference".

However, the ideal case would still be to change the width of the attribute with parameters or any other way then attributes.
The 2 unused attributes make the property list of my block very confusing (I already have many attributes in use).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report