Did you mean: 

Change Attribute Field Based On Part Length

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
james_walker8HDGM
125 Views, 1 Reply

Change Attribute Field Based On Part Length

Was hoping some could help me. I'm new to Dynamic (parametric) blocks and not sure if this is possible.

I have created a dynamic block with an attribute field. Based on the length of the item, the attribute field will be one of three options. Is it possible to automatically set the attribute field based on the part length?

For example, if the length is exactly 12, then the attribute field would have a -001 suffix. If the length is exactly 24, then the attribute field would have a -002 suffix. If the length is neither 12 nor 24, then attribute field would have a -003 suffix.

Have attached a JPG file showing the the part with a length of 12.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Libbya
in reply to: james_walker8HDGM

For future reference, posting the block file is useful.  Posting images isn't really useful.  

You could accomplish your desired functionality by inserting a lookup parameter and lookup action.  When setting up the table you will need to add the linear parameter as an input property.  You'll need three rows, one for each of the suffix values.  Then insert the appropriate range values and specific values into the table to match the lookup properties you want displayed as the suffixes.  Use a blockplaceholder field referencing the lookup value for the suffix.  

Post your block file if you need further assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost