Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Change array item dimension

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1330 Views, 4 Replies

Change array item dimension

Hi there !

I am willing to do an array in a dynamic block, with a modulable distance between the units (and I've done it), but i can't find a way to be able to change the item itself in the same time. It appears that constraints applied on an arrayed item become obsolete (I think it's because the item get stored as a block and can't be parametrically stretched without opening the array menu).

You will find attached the file where i have done my linear constraints and stuff. I would like to change the crossbar width while still being able to modify the number of repetitions. I am aware that there might be some plugin that could help, but I have never used any of them so if it can answer my problem please teach me. Note that this created block has to work efficiently on default Autocad LT 2018.

Is there a way to solve this problem or is it just a limit of Autocad possibilities ? I've been looking for hours about this and couldn't find a proper answer. If you can be of any help please share your mind.

I'm not a native english speaker. If something is not clear in my explanation tell me so.

Thank you for your collaboration ! ๐Ÿ™‚

PS : I am working on Autocad 2018.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

As far as I know you can dynamically change the column array OR you can dynamically change the arrayed items, but you cannot do both.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

Thats sad ๐Ÿ˜ž

I will accept the solution tomorrow, in case someone else has an answer ^^

Thank you for answering Libbya !
Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What other answer are you hoping for? What you wish is not an option in the program. If there is a 3rd party solution/plugin, you'll need to try a Google Search for it if none are found here https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/List/Search?isAppSearch=True&searchboxstore=ACD&facet=&collection=&...

Note: plugins are not an option of any year version of AutoCADLT, so if there such a method it is not going to work in LT.

HTH
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I thought someone might have found a trick to achieve this (we never know !)

Ok so if I have well understood, there might be a solution with a plugin to do what I want but it won't work on the default version of Autocad ? Whereals constraints can be seen and still work on LT version (but not modified), modifications with a plugin doesn't fit the virgin version ?

Thank you very much for you answer as well pendean !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report