Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array screw threads longer while moving the tip of screw at the end of the threads

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
575 Views, 8 Replies

Array screw threads longer while moving the tip of screw at the end of the threads

Good morning all,

I have a screw block that I need to make longer. I want to make the threaded part of the screw 5 inchs longer while maintaing the same tip length and for the tip to follow at the end of the thread.

If this is not clear, please let me know and I could potentially post more information.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jtohill
in reply to: Anonymous

can you add the block?

Message 3 of 9
Libbya

If I am understanding what you are wanting, it can certainly be done.  The following screencast should give all the necessary details albeit in a bit of a cryptic form.  If you get stuck, report back and post the block you are working on along with details regarding exactly how you would like it to behave.  

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

Yes, this is exactly what I am trying to do. I can't seem to reproduce what you are doing but I am taking a look. How would I proceed to share/post my block for you guys? I am new to the forums.

Thank you.
Message 5 of 9
Libbya

Wow, it looks like AutoDesk broke the forums (again...) and there is no longer a way to attach DWG files.  [FACEPALM]  That certainly throws a wrench in the works of trying to help people!

Best suggestion I have in the meantime is to upload a file to google drive or dropbox or the like, and post a sharing link here.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

If my link works, the one I have gotten to the closest to my goal is the third from the bottom. I want to stretch both parts of the screw while keeping the tip at the end of the screw.

THank you.
Message 8 of 9
Libbya

Your link works fine.  

I didn't realize the blocks were different versions so I just picked one.  See screencast:

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report