Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotative ATTRIBUTES within non-annotative block

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
MaxSDA
128 Views, 1 Reply

Annotative ATTRIBUTES within non-annotative block

Trying to resolve a scaling issue with annotative text attributes in a non-annotative block. Some context:

I have a room tag/label that has a visibility parameter in which you can turn on/off area calculations determined by a closed, grippable polygon on on a non-plot layer. Because I want this polygon to remain unscaled and thus the area FIELD to remain true to its geometry regardless of the annotative scale, I concluded that this block should be non-annotative.

Within the block, called RM-TAG, i've inserted an annotative block called "RM-Tag-Base" that should scale according to the annotative scale that is set. "RM-Tag-Base" just a rectangle that jumps in scale according to my text height (via annotative scale) and a non-plot point to accurately locate text. This scaling functions as-anticipated, as does the mtext that contains my area field in "RM-Tag".

Where I'm running into issues is with the text attributes in "RM-Tag" that - despite having an annotative text style, the annotative checkbox is set in the attribute definition, and all of my imaginable scales applied to the objects, they do not change scales. Banging my head against the wall - any help is much appreciated. File is attached

To recap the hierarchy and where i'm running into issues (in red):

• BLOCK "RM-TAG" (non-annotative)
    • Attribute - Room name - ANNOTATIVE (not scaling)
    • Attribute - Room Number - ANNOTATIVE (not scaling)
    • Grippable polygon geometry - multiple "position/Move" parameters set to vertices
    • MTEXT - FIELD - Area associated with grippable polygon - annotative text style (scaling properly)
    • Block reference "RM-TAG-BASE" - ANNOTATIVE (scaling properly)
      • rectangle geometry
      • basepoint

Moderator note: I found another thread with a similar title but the solution doesn't work for me. I do not believe I should start from scratch on this block, which that solution would require me to do.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
scooberu
in reply to: MaxSDA

When I look at your drawing, the attributes are re-scaling (as you have set them). They are not re-sizing (as they would if non-annotative).

When I change the model space scale, the zoom extents change and the rectangle increases or decreases dramatically. The text size stays the same, as it should. There is another field (calculated?) that grows or shrinks with the box.

Perhaps there is a system variable that determines when to refresh/regen text? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost