DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaps in arcs during plotting

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
625 Views, 5 Replies

Gaps in arcs during plotting

I am having a terrible time trying to figure out why my arcs in my dwg/dxf drawings will not plot correctly. I will be feeding these PDFs to a laser cutter and need closed loops without any gaps. The file only has one layer, and that layer is set to plot. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

What gap?

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

It appears I have found the issue. Whenever I select "extents" in the "what to plot" drop-down in the plot dialog, or the "export" drop-down in the pdf export dialog it clips the vector, creating a gap. The "display" option generates just fine. Here are the settings I used to create the gap:

settings.JPG

Message 4 of 6
pendean

You could just change the page orientation to avoid the clip or not use EXTENT but WINDOW instead of DISPLAY.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Okay I will use "Window" option from now on as a solution to this problem. I do not see how page orientation comes into play in this example as the vectors easily fit in both orientations. That said, the "Extents" option clipping the vectors when there is more than adequate space on the page is unintentional and a legitimate software issue in my understanding. Am I missing something or is this true?

Message 6 of 6
pendean

I had no trouble printing your file so I don't think it's a software issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report