DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG Trueview 2017 - Remove Start Tab

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ekelloLT9KL
2411 Views, 4 Replies

DWG Trueview 2017 - Remove Start Tab

Not sure if this is the right place for this as I was unable to find a category for DWG Trueview.

Is there a way to turn off the Start tab in DWG Trueview 2017?  I've done this in AutoCAD 2017 (via the STARTMODE command) and was hoping to do the same in DWG Trueview 2017, however I can't type commands in Trueview.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mpeperkamp
in reply to: ekelloLT9KL

Hi @ekelloLT9KL,

I also have turn off the start tab in Acad, but I think its not possible in True Viewer.

There is no command line and there is no option to change something!

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Best regards,
Michiel Peperkamp
Cadac Group AEC
Cadac Group
Platinum Partner
Message 3 of 5
ekelloLT9KL
in reply to: mpeperkamp

Hi @mpeperkamp:  Thank you for your prompt response.  It's unfortunate that this is unavailable as an option in TrueView given that we have that option in AutoCAD!

Regards,

Esteban

Message 4 of 5
ekelloLT9KL

@mpeperkamp:  Figured it out!  I got the idea from this website:

http://blogs.rand.com/support/2016/06/how-to-deploy-specific-settings-for-autodesk-dwg-trueview-2016...

You can go and edit the registry to add the "STARTMODE" command as a variable in the registry here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\DWG TrueView\R15\dwgviewr-0001:409\Profiles\<<Unnamed Profile>>\Variables

Just right click->New->String Value and name it "STARTMODE" without the quotation marks.  Then double click it and set the value to 0 to disable the Start tab!

As always, make sure to make a backup of your registry before editing it!

Regards,

Esteban

Message 5 of 5
stocksSVRKU

doesn't work for 2022

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report