DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk DWG TrueView 2017

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2785 Views, 3 Replies

Autodesk DWG TrueView 2017

Hello.  This is my first time doing this so I hope my question is received by someone because I really need some type of guidance.  I originally had Autodesk DWG TrueView 2015 installed in my computer at work and had no problems up until recently.  I had not used it in a while and when I went in last week to view a CAD drawing and then to mark up and print it, I noticed that the markup/edit toolbar was missing.  This is the toolbar where I would normally access the features to select or highlight a particular room, maybe draw a cloud around it or create arrows pointing towards certain areas with notes on it and then select to print only that room and the markups and notes that I included.  Now that toolbar and it's features are gone and I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out why and what am I supposed to do now because without those features, then it defeats the purpose of me having TrueView to begin with.  If it helps any, the toolbar I am referring to has that large capital A in it along with the features I normally used.  I mentioned my dilemma to a fellow co-worker in our Toronto office who was kind enough to send me the Autodesk website because he thought I probably just needed to upgrade to the 2017 version.  Therefore I downloaded the free version from the site but that toolbar is still missing.  Is there a way for me to access this toolbar in the 2017 version or does it no longer exist for Autodesk DWG TrueView in general?  I would greatly appreciate any type of information, guidance or help with this matter because as luck would have it, I would have to discover this just as I am about to work on a project in which I need access to those features.  I hope someone out there knows what I am referring to and is willing and able to point me in the right direction.  Again, it would be much appreciated and I apologize for being too wordy but I am in desperate need of help.  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Right-click on the Ribbon and see if that is turned off (no check mark)
OR
Click on the big-red A, start OPTIONS, and see if you have other options to get it back.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you very much!

Message 4 of 4
mgnc12345
in reply to: pendean

Hello I'd like to put my 2 bobs worth in here. I had the menu bar disappear and could not retrieve (for 2015 trueview) just today. So stupidly i uninstalled and tried to install 2017 to no avail (thrice attempted). the program appears where it should but on attempt to open only errors. sadly i only just this weekend clerared all my old files including 2015 TV. So with 2017 First i got error re a runtime dll file in the win system, i ensured the file was there and rerun another vague noncommittal error this time essentially useless as **** on a bull.

I have to say what a pile of ****e! If anyone can redirect me to an old file 2015 TV (which i might add I had some serious issues installing, but at least it eventually worked).

Or better still is there a mac version?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report