DWG TrueView
Welcome to Autodesk’s DWG Trueview Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular DWG Trueview topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX Control -- FINALLY

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
smorris
4478 Views, 26 Replies

ActiveX Control -- FINALLY

I don't know if this has been posted yet,

However, I downloaded DWG True View 2008 with the specific purpose to find out whether a functional ActiveX control was made available for use...

and yes, it is.

Finally I can embed the True View control inside of my custom App. Nothing earth shattering but it simplifies my life tremendously.

AcCtrl.dll is the file.

The most basic method... to open a file... is .putSourcePath

so if you are using MSAccess for example, you can add an ActiveX Control, mine is named DWGVIEWERCtrl in the ActiveX list. Simply reference that control with your Access VBA code and use the putSourcePath method and pass the full file path as the only argument. It will start up the True View engine and load that file.

SAMPLE CODE: (where DWGViewer is the name of the control)

Me.DWGViewer.PutSourcePath Me.Fullpath

To those at AutoDesk who read these forums.....

THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
starsfan
in reply to: smorris

I have embedded DWGTrueView 2008 in a custom app and 50% of the client machines get the same error message while the other half works with some reduction in speed. I have been digging for answers without success. Did you find anything?
Message 22 of 27
saravanans

I have similar issue for opening an DWG file in the IE 7 after installing DWG true view 2008. It opens up with the blank page or sometimes IE crashes or sometimes throws up error saying access violation. This works fine if I install DWG True view 2007. I am using “ACCTRL.DLL” “PutsourcePath” method for opening the file. If I use an VB application for opening the DWG file then it works fine without any issue. Any thoughts on what could be the issue.
Message 23 of 27
starsfan

I tried to open a DWG in IE 7 and it did nothing for me. However, I did find that some of the PCs on our network had the DEP set differently. Once we selected "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only", which is the first option, then DWGTrueView2008 started up just fine without reinstalling it.
For the record, I have included ACCTRLLib.dll as my reference.
Message 24 of 27
saravanans

Thanks for the reply. In my PC "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only" option has selected, but still no luck
Message 25 of 27
jdmei520

我也遇到了同样的问题。难道必须安装"DwgTrueView"才可以使用吗? Message was edited by: jdmei520
Message 26 of 27
MagdaS

Hello,

I have a question: does anyone know if in DWG TrueView 2009 is possible to manipulate layers visibility other way than using Layer Properties Manager dialog? I managed to this for the dwf viewer but now I am stucked....

Thanks,

Magda
Message 27 of 27
banna.kbet
in reply to: Yogi189

Hi Yogi,

I hope you solve your issue.

Can you please help me?

I am referring your comment "Actually there is API to popup Layer manager dialogue of activex control and save updated visibility status as DWF file."

My file is only DWG 

I can see my cad file into windows form application

Now I want make a list of cad layer and control the layers by selecting and deselecting in checkbox.

2017-01-04 (5).png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report