cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
443 Views, 8 Replies

Printing Issue

We are experiencing an issue with printing from the latest version of the DWF viewer - DWF Viewer Version 5.0 (Build 5.0.0.521). We cannot get the Current View - Fit to Page option to function. Printing with this option results in a tiny printout of the zoomed area, instead of a Fit to Page. This option worked correctly in the previous version. Any suggestions?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post the file? Ben Cochran Autodesk "Rick Mattingly" wrote in message news:28518436.1097612328382.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > We are experiencing an issue with printing from the latest version of the DWF viewer - DWF Viewer Version 5.0 (Build 5.0.0.521). We cannot get the Current View - Fit to Page option to function. Printing with this option results in a tiny printout of the zoomed area, instead of a Fit to Page. This option worked correctly in the previous version. Any suggestions?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks for the assist Ben. Unfortunately, I cannot post the problem file. We are a public utility and the file in question is our distribution system mapping. The file is very large and there is also a security issue with posting it.

However, your comment brought to mind that I should check the new viewer release with a different, smaller file from the same source. I did this and the 'Print to Page' feature worked correctly for this smaller file! It would appear then that the problem has to do with either the size of the problem file or some attribute within the file that the Print to Page feature does not like. The Print to Page option worked fine on the same large file with the previous release though.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

You're not alone. I, too, am having trouble with the new release. "Rick Mattingly" wrote in message news:1015878.1097859035878.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thanks for the assist Ben. Unfortunately, I cannot post the problem file. We are a public utility and the file in question is our distribution system mapping. The file is very large and there is also a security issue with posting it. > > However, your comment brought to mind that I should check the new viewer release with a different, smaller file from the same source. I did this and the 'Print to Page' feature worked correctly for this smaller file! It would appear then that the problem has to do with either the size of the problem file or some attribute within the file that the Print to Page feature does not like. The Print to Page option worked fine on the same large file with the previous release though.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Can you please post a problem file and describe exactly what you are running into? Thanks, -- Sriram Gopalakrishnan Autodesk
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I am having the same problem with DWF Viewer 5. When I zoom into a specific area of the file and try to print (selecting Current View and Fit To Page), I get a small version of the area selected on the screen which is centered on the printed page. By small, I mean that the area printed is about 2 inches wide and about 1.5 inches tall on 8.5x11 paper. The file in question should be attached to this message.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I did download your sample file Mike. Printing with Current View > Fit to Page results in the same tiny image problem which I described with our files. Hope someone at AutoDesk knows what is causing this problem with the current release of the Viewer. As I stated before, this problem did not exist with the previous release when printing the same DWF files.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

"Fit to Page" will stop enlarging after 999%. You are running into this limitation. I noticed that the DWF paper is 8.5x11. If you use a larger paper size, you will not need in enlarge the drawing as much. Ben "Mike Gloss" wrote in message news:31198867.1098735610774.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > I am having the same problem with DWF Viewer 5. When I zoom into a specific area of the file and try to print (selecting Current View and Fit To Page), I get a small version of the area selected on the screen which is centered on the printed page. By small, I mean that the area printed is about 2 inches wide and about 1.5 inches tall on 8.5x11 paper. The file in question should be attached to this message.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I don't know if it helps you, but I have found that DWF viewer will not fit to page properly unless I first go into properties on printer and select the paper size that I wish to print to within the printer driver.
Pete

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report