Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Fusion 360 with ANSYS CFD

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rz221ebay
7654 Views, 3 Replies

Using Fusion 360 with ANSYS CFD

Is there any way to use Fusion 360 with ANSYS CFD? The formats offered in Fusion and the ones expected in ANSYS don't match. ANSYS accepts;

.wbdb

.ad

.cfx

.def  .mdef

.res  .bak  .mrcs  .trn

.dsdb  .mecdat

.xml  .engol

.bgd

.cmdb  .meshdat

.sat  .sab  .anf  .pmdb  .agdb  .model

.exp  .session  .dlv  CATPrint  .CATProduct  .2dxml  .dbs  .ipt  .iam

.fedb

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
todd.alford
in reply to: rz221ebay

Hi @rz221ebay,

You can go to File > Export and then save a .sat file locally.  The supported export types are listed here in the help.  I'm fairly surprised ANSYS doesn't accept a step file or parasolid.  That said it looks like we do have the one overlap.  Does that work for you, or is there an issue bringing in the .sat file that you export from fusion?

Thanks,
Todd

Todd Alford
Sr. Learning Content Developer

Message 3 of 4
rz221ebay
in reply to: todd.alford

Thanks! I missed that. I'm taking a course and didn't want to continue if I couldn't use CFD with Fusion 360.

Message 4 of 4

Hello,

I've been using Ansys CFX/Fluent for a while and you can import neutral formats into design modeler and then generate design to import it into CFX/Fluent. This is a list of supported formats for the desing modeler:

So once you go to export just make a standalone system in ansys and put only design modeler geometry there and with right click you can connect it with cfd software you're using.

Hope that helps you.

Mario

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report