Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning a solid block into the equivalent of 20% infill?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Matanya.loewenthal
4305 Views, 6 Replies

Turning a solid block into the equivalent of 20% infill?

Hello,

I'm designing a laptop to be 3D printed, and I'm running into a problem. I have lots of solid blocks that I don't need, but they happen to be under other blocks that I do need. Is it possible to turn a solid block into the equivalent of 10 or 20% infill? Some kind of webbing would be ideal, but if there's some kind of way to make it porous, that should also work. At the moment, my print is 21 hours, and i would like to get that dow to about 10, maybe 8. any help would be great. Thank you!

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @Matanya.loewenthal,

You can Hide those bodies or you can also Remove them (NOT DELETE). What would you like to do?

Cheers / Ben
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Check out my YouTube channel: Fusion 360: NewbiesPlus

Ben Korez
Owner, TESREG.com & Fusion 360 NewbiesPlus
TESREG - Fusion 360 Hardware Benchmark
Facebook | YouTube

Message 3 of 7

The easiest way to do this would be in the slicer.  Slic3r has an option to load modifiers with different parameters including infill.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 4 of 7

Thank you. I essentially want to turn certain blocks into a certain infill in fusion. I need some parts to be like 10% infill, but others are like quasi-supports, and I need those to be of higher infill. is there a way to just turn a solid into the infill equivalent? 

Message 5 of 7

Please attach a picture or event better create a screencast, it will help us to understand exactly what you are looking for!

Ben Korez
Owner, TESREG.com & Fusion 360 NewbiesPlus
TESREG - Fusion 360 Hardware Benchmark
Facebook | YouTube

Message 6 of 7

There is no concept of infill in Fusion 360, so the only way to do this in Fusion 360 is to manually create a model of the infill.  I expect this would be rather tedious to do.  Give Slic3r a try.  It's free and it will do exactly what you're asking for.

ETFrench

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
manjuo
in reply to: etfrench

Fusion has infill in the manufacturing tab. but is it possible to transfer that to design and stress analysis?

Infill_Skjermbilde 2020-10-19 132321.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report