Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbox S-Key duplicate search entries

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
macmanpb
252 Views, 4 Replies

Toolbox S-Key duplicate search entries

If you are in sketch mode and press the s-key, the Toolbox appears. Then you type "mirror" in the search field.

Two mirror entrys appears in the result list. One is the mirror function for sketches and the other is the mirror for bodies/components.

I think it should only display that function in the result list that is compatible for the current mode.

You can not see the differences between the search results.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
fredsi
in reply to: macmanpb

This appears to be a more generalized problem. If you type 'Pattern' you also get two options - sketch pattern and objects pattern which can not be distinguished readily. Agree it should be environment sensitive. Or be better able to differentiate the options - for example, return options Mirror sketch and MIrror Body.

Fred

Message 3 of 5
macmanpb
in reply to: fredsi

Hi Fred,

yes i also think its a generalized problem. It should have a build in search filter that filters the results by the current function context.

Message 4 of 5
promm
in reply to: macmanpb

Hello @macmanpb,

We agree and the intention is for the user to be able to determine the difference between the two with slightly different icons.  The reason why the dialog box doesn't filter to only icons for the environment is due to workflow limitations.  For example, if I was in a sketch I would like to have the extrude or revolve feature in my dialog box and if the dialog filtered to environments it would not be possible.  We thought we had a solution, however the user experience wasn't good.  We wanted to release this tool while we work on a solution because most of the users we talked to said they wouldn't change/update their toolbox very often and the value out weighted waiting.

Thank you,

Mike Prom

Message 5 of 5
macmanpb
in reply to: promm

Hi Mike,

i understand the toolbox behavior and the logical background. To see the differences between the icons and there environments is absolutly ok for me!

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report