Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeline Bug

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
daniel_lyall
352 Views, 4 Replies

Timeline Bug

Here is a bug for ya if I activate one component then turn the light bulbs of for the rest of the components, then move the time line do what's needed then move the timeline back every other component disappears, If I do a couple of undo's it comes back doing the same action again same thing.

File Attached just open it and move the timeline like the screencast shows

This is the second time I have Had this, different computers different everything.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeff_strater
in reply to: daniel_lyall

Yep, that's a bug all right.  Thanks for the video and the file.  Makes it easy to reproduce, and therefore should make it easier to fix.

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 3 of 5
jeff_strater
in reply to: jeff_strater

Oh, now I understand what is going on...  And, technically, it is not a bug, but it is confusing (clearly it had me fooled, and I've seen this before).  I should not reply to forum posts before coffee.

This is a bit more complex than I first realized.  It has to do with the fact that the timeline is filtered when a component is active.  Your full timeline looks like this:

full timeline.png

However, when you activate the "bottom" component, your timeline is filtered down to this:

filtered timeline.png

All the features that create the other components are hidden.  They are still there, but just not shown.  You can disable this using the "hide inactive features" command in the timeline:

hide inactive features.png

But, in filtered mode, we only show features for the active component.  Then, when you drag the end of design marker to before "R-Pattern 1", you are dragging past a whole bunch of features for the other components.  So far so good.  Now, when you drag it back to the right, you are really just dragging the marker to just after "R-Pattern 2", not to the very end.  At this point in your video, if you turn on inactive features, it actually looks like this:

roll to end.png

and that is why the other component are not shown in the browser:  They are still rolled out.  If you either show inactive features, or activate the root component, and roll to the end, everything is just fine.

This is a discussion we've had several times:  What does moving the end of design marker mean when a component is active?  For now, we've decided that you can only move it to features that are currently visible in the timeline.  We have discussed what should happen if you hit the "move to end" button.  Should that, also, be restricted to visible features, or should it move to "the real end" of the design?  For now, that is also only for visible features.

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 5
daniel_lyall

Clear as mud Thanks @jeff_strater 

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Message 5 of 5
daniel_lyall

Yep that was it I will blame it on a long week (bad), That be why I have done it only twice s that way.Cat Happy

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report