Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thicken Surface to Solid?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jb4787
303 Views, 5 Replies

Thicken Surface to Solid?

Hello,

I made temples (arm part of sunglasses) using the "thicken" method (link here), since I couldn't find an easy way to get the curvature I needed. When I try to loft the frame and the temples together, it says that a solid cannot be formed. How can I convert a thickened surface into a solid? Any suggestions for a better approach/workflow?

Justin 

Screen Shot 2015-11-16 at 10.47.21 AM.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
keqingsong
in reply to: jb4787

When you are talking about surfaces, are you referring the patch workspace? Is that eyeglass frame a patch surface that you are trying to thicken? 

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

Message 3 of 6
jb4787
in reply to: keqingsong

Correct, it's a patch surface. I'm not sure how else to create the "bent" design. 

Message 4 of 6
TrippyLighting

It would probably help if you'd share your model and make a little screencast that explains what exactly you want to achieve. My guess is that this can be done but possibly using other tools.

Peter Doering
Message 5 of 6
PhilProcarioJr

Is there a reason you didn't use T-Splines? Seems it would be a much easier way to make these.

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

Message 6 of 6
jb4787
in reply to: PhilProcarioJr

I'm not too experienced with T splines, mainly I need to make a "crease" or sharp edge.

Edit: I've made some progress with "insert point" for T splines, however the workflow doesn't seem to be faster or more intuitive than thickening a surface. I still want to find a way to make my initial method work. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report