Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text selection still broken! Segments not being selected when zoomed out

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
nkloski
310 Views, 6 Replies

Text selection still broken! Segments not being selected when zoomed out

Frustrating!  I reported this (I think) about a year ago, and no fix!

1. Create a Sketch
  2. Sketch some text  (example is in Arial at 10mm height)
  3. Close Sketch
  4. Zoom out so that the text is small on the screen
  5. Box select the text
  6. Hit Delete
  7. Zoom in
  8. See that not all segments were actually selected, and some are still there!
  9. The box select should have selected all segments within the selection area!
  10. This process works if you are zoomed in, but not when zoomed out...if I drag seelct, I want all to be selected, not remnants behind, no mater what the zoom level!

Zoomed out:

1.PNG

Text selected:

2.PNG

Zoomed back in:

3.PNG

Hit delete, and see remnants:

4.PNG

Nick Kloski
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
promm
in reply to: nkloski

Hello @nkloski,

Can you share the file you are having issues with?  I have attached a screencast that goes through your workflow and I do not get the same results.  Could you also provide some information on why you are exploding the text, I assumed that you are do this from your images.

http://autode.sk/1kT8oQk

Cheers,

Mike Prom

Message 3 of 7
nkloski
in reply to: promm

hi!  Thanks!

Here is a screencast showing what I was talking about.....in your screencast you did not zoom out far enough to encounter the problem!

Nick

http://autode.sk/1HI2U5l

Nick Kloski
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
chengyun.yang

Hi,

Can you turn on "select through" option in the seletion filter list and try again? When the "select through" is unchecked, Fusion will just try to select those "visible" objects which are not covered by other ones. In this case, some line segments are degenerated into one pixel on the screen and as such they cover each other when the zooming level is small, which leads to the uncertainty about which ones should be selected. 

Thanks

Chengyun

Message 5 of 7
nkloski
in reply to: chengyun.yang

Turning on "select through" does indeed work...but I should not have to do that, right? There is no concept of "selecting through" for something that is completely flat on a plane.

Fusion should not have this "uncertainty" based on an arbitrary zoom level. The application should work the same way in all view/zoom levels. I would say that this is a bug since no one would want an application to have this in its notes:

-this application works in one way
-BUT, based on an arbitrary "boundary condition", the application will work in a different way
-AND there is no way of determining what that boundary condition is, you will just experience it when you hit it, and be confused

Right?

Nick Kloski

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
chengyun.yang

Hi, 

I agree with you. This is definitely a limitation for now and we hope we would be able to fix it. The reason why it is still not fixed is our underlying implementation for the "select visible" behavior is initially designed for the body face/edges manipulation and it couldn't handle the sketch entities well(in this particular case, the text is actually broken down into a bunch of line segments and points) so it is not easy unless we make some fundamental change to the selection pipeline. We will bring this to our prodcut design and development team to have further discussion.

Thanks

Chengyun

Fusion Development Team

Message 7 of 7
nkloski
in reply to: chengyun.yang

Sounds fair enough, thanks!

Nick

Nick Kloski

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report