Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sketch - disable constraints, but keep snap to grid

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
henrich.achberger
1176 Views, 2 Replies

sketch - disable constraints, but keep snap to grid

Hello,

I have been searching for simple feature, to disable all constraints while sketching but keep snapping to grid.  CTRL key will disable snapping completely, which I do not want.   

problem is apparent while trying to add line point over some edge on body, blue cross shows under cursor and it completely snaps on edge, but it moves freely along the edge.

also when I use move tool, gizmo have two arrows, that snap on one axis, but square part of gizmo doesn't snap on grid at all.  therefore I lose exact point position, and I cant get in on exact grid coordinates again. because move tool has its values based on relative position, not an option for absolute world position.

I would really appreciate if someone could explain me how snapping system works, if I don't understand it correctly.  or fix conflict between overriding sketch constraints over snapping to grid.

Thank you in advance, this issue is very important to me

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

You can disable Fusion from projecting edges which will allow you to snap to the grid instead of the underlying body edges.

Click your name in the upper right corner & select preferences.  Under General -> Design, uncheck "Auto project edges on reference".

Message 3 of 3

thank you for a quick response, this is exact solution I was looking for

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report