Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show all hidden parts in an assembly

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
nestor.rueda
103538 Views, 23 Replies

Show all hidden parts in an assembly

To have the option to "show all" hidden parts in an assembly. With large assemblies is difficult to find the hidden parts to show them.

Labels (1)
23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
schneik-adsk
in reply to: nestor.rueda

At the root of the browser there is an option when you right mouse click to "Show all components."

Will that work?

Kevin Schneider
Message 3 of 24
nestor.rueda

Hi Schneik, thanks for your answer. It doesn’t work. For some reason when I hide a component there’s no way to show it again unless I click on that component and click show. In an assembly with many components is almost imposible to find the hidden components to try to show them again.

Regards,

Néstor Rueda Vallejo
Message 4 of 24
schneik-adsk

Are you hiding bodies or components?

Kevin Schneider
Message 5 of 24
nestor.rueda

First I click on the part in the assembly, right click > show/hide. Then I do the same with other parts. Then if I want to show all the parts that are hidden I go to the top of the browser and right click show all components. Doesn’t show any of the hidden components.

Néstor Rueda Vallejo
Message 6 of 24

Can you provide some information as to what OS and what version of Fusion 360 you are running  ?

This works fine for me on Mac OSX with Fusion 360 2.0.1403.

Another workaround is to take advantage of a conceptual flaw in how the isolate/unisolate function currntly works. Just isolate and then unisolate a part. Unisolate unhides everything. 

Peter Doering
Message 7 of 24

Are you selecting geometry in the viewport and then rightclick and select show/hide to hide your "stuff " ?

I used "stuff" and avoided the term "component". If thats how you are hiding things, you are not hiding the components, but the bodies in the components. Show all components turns on hidden components, but not hidden bodies in components.

Here's a little screencast explaining it

Peter Doering
Message 8 of 24
nestor.rueda

Hi TrippyLighting, I’m working in either Mac Yosemite and Windows 8.1, issue persist in both. I’ll try your workaround.

Since I deal mostly with imported assemblies (I use Fusion mainly to clean up assemblies before sending them to ANSYS) I think this problem persist in imported assemblies. Perhaps you could try to import an assembly in step and repeat the process to see if it works for you.

Thanks for all your help, is greatly appreciated.

Néstor Rueda Vallejo
Message 9 of 24

What format you import really does not matter. I've imported many step files into Fusion 360 and have had no problems hiding and unhiding them.

Did you watch my screencast ? It should answer your questions.

Peter Doering
Message 10 of 24
ylevine

+1
Yehoshua Levine
Levine Innovations LLC
yl@levineinnovations.com
Message 11 of 24
nestor.rueda

Hi TrippyLighting, sorry for the late reply. I just saw your screencast, it gives me a new perspective and I think by now is the way to go. However I find the show/hide components/bodies behaviour a little bit odd. Although I tried your method and it worked better it’s not very robust though, it also fail a couple of times to show me the hidden components. They should put then an option to show everything.

Thanks again,

Néstor Rueda Vallejo
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous

And here again we have a dead thread on a very important feature that's missing...

Message 13 of 24
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

Not sure what you are talking about . You can hide show all compntents in a design.

Peter Doering
Message 14 of 24
mcmillr
in reply to: TrippyLighting

I have raised this as an issue with our user experience manager. Clearly it is very easy to hide a body whether that was your intent or not, and not so easy to unhide it afterwards. Of course there are ways to avoid the issue, but it seems like we could change the product to avoid the need for workarounds.

Perhaps 'Show All Components' could be changed to 'Show All Components/Bodies'. Do any users have a point of view on whether that would be a bad thing?

Rob McMillan
Software Architect, Fusion Simulation
Autodesk
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: mcmillr

For me that would be a perfect solution, don't know about other users?

I think it should work the same way like Inventor's hide / show all because it can get a very confusing when you hide something by clicking on the body in the drawing instead of the component in the browser, and then afterwards try to unhide it, resulting in a lot of wasted time by searching the tree for the specific body.

Thanks!

Message 16 of 24
TrippyLighting

Maybe you can explain how it works in Inventor ?

Peter Doering
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous

Fairly simple, there's a right-click menu that contains hide, hide others (=isolate) and show all... 🙂

Message 18 of 24
TrippyLighting

Yes, but as far as I know inventor does not separate between bodies and components, so I fail to see how that would address you concern by accidentally hiding a body instead of a component.

Peter Doering
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous

That's why there should be no difference between bodies and components when hiding, isolating, unhiding... 

I think the most trouble comes from the fact that you can click on a body to hide it (in drawing, not browser), because there simply is no command to show all bodies...

The " possible solutions are a) make it impossible to hide a body from anywhere else but the browser, b) add a command to show all bodies or c) just change 'show all components' to 'show all'.

I think c is the most logical solution to this weird and confusing problem.

Message 20 of 24
TrippyLighting

@Anonymous wrote:

That's why there should be no difference between bodies and components when hiding, isolating, unhiding... 

I would totally disagree with that!

But then there's no reason not to add another menu item "Show all bodies" in addition to Show all components.

Peter Doering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report