Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate cube to stand on one corner?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mroek
3292 Views, 4 Replies

Rotate cube to stand on one corner?

Ok, this is embarrasing, but I have a really simple question:

Assume I have a solid cube that was extruded from a sketch on the top plane, and one corner/vertex is at the origin. If I want to rotate this cube so that it stands on the "origin" corner so that the opposite (diagonally) corner is perfectly vertical above it, is there an easy way to do that?

I know I can rotate it twice, first by 45 degrees on x and then by 35.264 degrees (or to be precise: atan(1/sqrt(2))) on y (attached file), but is there some non-numerical way, like creating some construction geometry and snapping or aligning to that?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
HughesTooling
in reply to: mroek

Here's one way using a joint. I had to make the cube a component, this might be a good idea as the sketch moves with the body.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
mroek
in reply to: HughesTooling

@HughesTooling

Thanks, I didn't think of that. However, I would prefer to just be able to rotate the body without converting it to a component first, but you did provide a solution.  🙂

I'll hold off a bit before accepting it, in case someone else chimes in with different ideas.

Message 4 of 5
HughesTooling
in reply to: mroek

Here's another way using a sketch.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
mroek
in reply to: HughesTooling

@HughesTooling

Thanks a bunch, I actually like that method better, and will accept that as the solution!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report