Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Fusion 360 Service Outage

161 REPLIES 161
SOLVED
Message 1 of 162
keqingsong
57010 Views, 161 Replies

RESOLVED: Fusion 360 Service Outage

UPDATE DEC 8, 2;22 A.M. PST -

All, tests on our end have shown that we are back online. You should now be able to log in and access your data and use Fusion 360 as you normally would. Things are still ramping up, but if you continue notice any sluggishness or issues, please let us know. Thank you for your patience, sympathy, words of encouragement, and continued support. It meant a lot to all of us!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE DEC 7, 9:17 P.M. PST -

All – A quick update on the outage.  We are close to a resolution.  We have started testing Fusion in our internal staging environment.  Once we are sure everything works, we will go live and bring Fusion online. I know this has been very painful for all of you and all of us in the fusion team feel your pain.  I really appreciate your patience as we work the problem.  Once we get thru this and you are all up and running, I will update you on the work we are doing and are doubling down to make Fusion resilient and more importantly make sure that you have access to your data all the time.

In case you are wondering what the current issue is why it is taking so long to address it, here are the details.  Fusion 360 is a network of services and one such service is what we call ACM (Access Control Manager) Service.  The purpose of ACM is to govern project level access to all data resources (items, projects, folders…) and its derivatives (views, comments, …).  We periodically optimize our Fusion Item Access Control Database, based on changing application needs and usage of ACM.  An optimization done on Dec 6 made calls to ACM getting locked up in the database and never return. Ultimately, we had to bring our ACM service down to roll back the changes and make sure all the services operate normally.  It is an involved effort and hence the delay.

Prabakar.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE DEC 7, 11:05 A.M. PST - We are now estimating to have the outage resolved by 1pm PST.  I will keep this thread updated if anything changes.  Thanks for your continued patience.

UPDATE DEC 7, 7:19 A.M. PSTWe are making progress on battling the outage. We have been having issues with our Access Control System that governs project level access to all data resources (items, projects, folders...) and its derivatives (views, comments, ...) in Fusion for creators and collaborators.

Our Operations and Engineering Team is engaged ferociously since midnight Dec 6 to address this issue. We expect a speedy resolution of this issue soon.

Right now we just deployed a banner in-product that will take you into offline mode if you haven't already done so. More details to come, and again apologies for the downtime.

Hey all, 

We are experiencing an outage that is impacting all data access interactions.  These include but not limited to Open, Save, Upload, Export and Viewing. We recommend that you work in offline mode for the time being. We are working actively to correct the problem and will update this thread once it is resolved.  We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

You can also keep track of the status via the health dashboard

Here's how to switch to offline mode to continue working while we dig into the issue. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/fusion-360/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How...

If you restarted Fusion without going into offline mode before, it may seem like fusion is hanging at the launch screen. Wait a few minutes and you should be able to get in. As soon as you get in, switch to offline mode. Then you should be good to go while we fix the downtime.

Keqing Song
Autodesk Fusion Community Manager
Portland, Oregon, USA

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider

161 REPLIES 161
Message 2 of 162
susibiker
in reply to: keqingsong

Gotta love these always-connected 'Cloud' applications... Smiley Frustrated

I thought I was going to have a heart attack when the service went down 15 mins or so ago - right in the middle of a major edit!!

Thanks for the hint to switch to Offline Mode. I'm new to Fusion, so was not aware that the service can/does occasionally fail.

VERY much appreciation for the 'heads up.' Smiley Happy

Best Wishes,

Susi xx

Message 3 of 162
burnandreturn

Fusion won't open.  It goes to not responding.   Is it a known issue if you don't log out of Fusion before closing the program you can't work offline if the cloud is down?

Message 4 of 162
keqingsong
in reply to: burnandreturn

Try again. You should be able to get into the tool and switch to offline mode if you didn't do that before restarting. 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 5 of 162
keqingsong

It's also worth mentioning that once you do get it, immediately go into offline mode. 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 6 of 162
susibiker

As keqingsong says, just wait a few minutes and control will be returned to you.
As soon as it is, select Offline Mode.
You will then be able to save your active file(s) locally.

Hope this helps.
Susi xx
Message 7 of 162
keqingsong
in reply to: susibiker

Updated post to include instructions on how to switch to offline mode. 

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 8 of 162
Willa1980

Any idea how long this will take? Working in offline mode is good, but not if you need to work on data from the cloud... X-(

Message 9 of 162
mslatem

May I suggest that you guys make an official statement about this outage on the Fusion 360 Twitter account: adskFusion360

There are probably tens of thousands of people troubleshooting their applications at the moment and perhaps an official notification can save some of them from pointlessly uninstalling/installing.

Thanks for working on this guys, I know your team must be under incredible pressure at the moment. 

Message 10 of 162
keqingsong

I wish I hold to key to our Twitter account or else I would have already done it :). I'm having our team get something out on Twitter asap. We have a ton of people battling the outage right now, and I still don't know how long it'll last. I'll let you giys know as soon as I know.

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 11 of 162
keqingsong

Bump

Keqing Song
Portland, Oregon, USA

Message 12 of 162

As isn't bad enough that tomorrow is deadline, now this Smiley Frustrated

Oh well I'm going to prepare a lot of coffee, another sleepless night, nothing strange in engineering life Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 162

@krunoslav.knezic wrote:

yes, same here, deadline coming up and unable to work in Fusion. Offline mode is no help at all since only a handfull of all my files are available, but of course not the one i need for the deadline.

I would strongly recommend that Autodesk rethink this whole cloud thing, unexpectedly not being to able to work at all with a professional tool is just ridiculous !!!

==================================================
GENERAL DISCLAIMER: if there isn't a file attached to my posts then there is a reason for it. wherever i can i will attach a file for troubleshooting.If no file is attached i will always try to explain as clearly as possible with illustrative screenshots. when i have an issue that can only be helped by attaching a file which i cannot share publicly i won't ask about it here.
Message 14 of 162
andersEQHR7
in reply to: rumpelstielz

@rumpelstielz wrote:

@krunoslav.knezic wrote:

yes, same here, deadline coming up and unable to work in Fusion. Offline mode is no help at all since only a handfull of all my files are available, but of course not the one i need for the deadline.

I would strongly recommend that Autodesk rethink this whole cloud thing, unexpectedly not being to able to work at all with a professional tool is just ridiculous !!!

I agree with you guy's. It is not a very good solution this cloud thing. One simple solution that could be quite easily implemented would be that all of your own file's always was downloaded to the computer that you are currently working from. In that way you would always be able to work offline. Just my thoughts..

Anders T
Message 15 of 162

A system like Dropbox implies?
The files are always on your computer, even when you have no internet, as soon as you connect, everything synchronizes.

Message 16 of 162
LSchlesiona
in reply to: andersEQHR7

Hey Guys,

encountering the same issue as most of you right now, I can not find my latest files in offline mode.

An advice for everyone for the future (sorry for today its too late)

Always export your latest files as backup files locally.

As far as your components are not referenced, you can then easily open your files in offline mode by clicking "New Design From File".
I hope that will help for the next time server is down or just if you have no or a bad internet connection.
I am lucky I did just this last night and can keep working today.

I would also love to see a more easy synchronisation to my hard drive and not to have to do all manually as I described.
Neither I do not know if you can work on referenced (linked components) files in a backup file.

Message 17 of 162
NYC_CNC

This is beyond frustrating.  We have an urgent job shop job to run.  Christmas orders to fill.  We have people at our facility doing on-site CNC training.  

Message 18 of 162

@arnou-verfaillie wrote:

The files are always on your computer, even when you have no internet, as soon as you connect, everything synchronizes.

Yep, there are already open source projects available for this purpose...

I have no imminent deadline ahead, but 3D printers to feed for my Master Thesis... without Fusion I cannot iterate further. So I try to do other work now...
Still this is very unpleasant and the whole cloud system was one reason why my boss rejected the Fusion 360 revolution in the company. You cannot argue anything in front of your partners, if you are not lord of your own data.

Message 19 of 162
rumpelstielz
in reply to: andersEQHR7

I agree with you guy's. It is not a very good solution this cloud thing. One simple solution that could be quite easily implemented would be that all of your own file's always was downloaded to the computer that you are currently working from. In that way you would always be able to work offline. Just my thoughts..

'not a very good solution' is a bit of an understatement. Here's my current situation: i'm preparing a prototype for a client, the client has a deadline and absolutely needs this model to be in his hands tomorrow. He's needs this for a presentation of his submission to a contest. If he doesn't have this model ready his submission is going to be rejected. If he doesn't have the model from me tonight i'm not getting paid. "Sorry it's out of my hands, Autodesk servers are down and i can't work until they fixed it" as an excuse did not go down well with the client, needless to say this is the last time he will order anything from me, he just told me so on the phone. since all my files are hijacked by the Autodesk cloud i have absolutely no way of finishing the proto on time. I'm now redoing the whole job in Rhino/Rhinocam but i doubt i will be able to finish it by end of business today.

==================================================
GENERAL DISCLAIMER: if there isn't a file attached to my posts then there is a reason for it. wherever i can i will attach a file for troubleshooting.If no file is attached i will always try to explain as clearly as possible with illustrative screenshots. when i have an issue that can only be helped by attaching a file which i cannot share publicly i won't ask about it here.
Message 20 of 162

@arnou-verfaillie wrote:

Yes exactly.

The file's can be at Autodesk as they are today, but sync to the computer so that you always have the latest version at least ont some of your computers.

Anders T

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report