Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove a decal

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
robpage
3729 Views, 11 Replies

Remove a decal

Is there a way to simply remove a decal?  I found how to edit a decal but I just want it gone.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
neljoshua
in reply to: robpage

@robpage,

You should be able to select the decal icon in the timeline, right-click, and select delete.

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 12.01.40.png

__

If this post answered your question, please select "Mark as Solution" in order to help others who may have the same (or a similar) question.

Lenovo Thinkpad P1, 2.70 GHz Intel Xeon, 32.0 GB, Windows 10 Pro
Message 3 of 12
anandjoshi

@robpageJust click on a decal and press delete 🙂

Message 4 of 12
robpage
in reply to: neljoshua

D'oh!  So obvious, why didn't I think of that!  Really hard to remember the go-back-in-time thing.  Thx

Message 5 of 12
robpage
in reply to: anandjoshi

@anandjoshi wrote:

@robpageJust click on a decal and press delete 🙂

That was the first thing I thought of but darned if I could make that work.  The decal was actually an entire face of a surface.  Anyway, going back in the timeline and deleting worked great so I'm back in business, lesson learned!  Thx

Message 6 of 12
SEIZMICdesign

click & delete isn't working for me either. And I don't have a timeline for this particular model. Any other options?

Message 7 of 12

I figured out I can just turn it off in the tree. Good enough for now.

Message 8 of 12
moth3r
in reply to: SEIZMICdesign

I am compiling a list of unfriendly and counter intuitive things inside Fusion 360. This is one of them. When you need a tutorial to delete, something's seriously wrong. Fusion needs a more standardized approach to the UI design like "iOS Human Interface Guidelines".  This is more a hack than user-friendly UI design practice. On example put things into dialog where everybody would think they belong.

Message 9 of 12
tkylerQYGSD
in reply to: moth3r

I seem to have the same issue.  I applied a decal to a STEP model someone else sent me, so there is no design history.  I can't seem to remove the decal and its not enumerated in the hierarchy (unless I'm just blind).  Would appreciate any suggestions beyond having to promote an older version before I applied the decals.

UPDATE:  Turns our the decals were enumerated in the heirarchy, I just had to dig a bit deeper.  Easily deleted once found!

Message 10 of 12

Could someone in plain English explain how to remove the decal?  Right click- delete -to death, but it still won't delete.  I can't find it on the timeline.  In the tree, I was able to find it and deleted it there (I think it was a 'body') but it still shows on the display.  Is a decal considered a body? I'm almost to the point of deleting the entire component just to get rid of it.

For the life of me I can't remove it entirely. VERY frusterating.

Message 11 of 12
wmhazzard
in reply to: jdagenaisM6TXC

On the left side of your screen, look under the browser for the line Decals, click on the arrow to open the folder and then right click on the decal and select delete. 

Message 12 of 12
jdagenaisM6TXC
in reply to: wmhazzard

Thank you - I did do that and the image was still showing.  However, I learned that after shutting down and opening up, the image refreshed and it seems to be deleted.  I must have a refresh delay from some of th rendering I was doing earlier.

Thanks for the quick follow up

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report