Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regression in Move feature?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
robduarte
202 Views, 1 Reply

Regression in Move feature?

It looks like we lost some desirable behavior after the recent addition of new Move types.

A frequent workflow for me was to use the Free Transform - to rotate a body for example - then switch to the Point to Point move type to continue moving the body. Now, when I switch the Move Type (to Point to Point or any of the others) the position is reset. This means I can't use a combination of movement types in one move operation. (The same would be true if I try to use the Translate move type followed by Free Transform, for example).

Here's a screencast:  https://youtu.be/juB5NkoBRzk

I have a feeling this is related to the fact that these moves now appear in the design history as features and that only one move can be done at a time if it's going to be recorded in that way. I hope that's not the answer, though, since it's really inconvenient to have to do multiple move operations - one after the other - to position something.

Rob Duarte
Associate Professor in Art, Florida State University
Co-Director FSU Facility for Arts Research
http://art.fsu.edu/rob-duarte/

Twitter | YouTube

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
daniel_lyall
in reply to: robduarte

That's how it is at the moment they made it parametric so you can capture position when you are doing the move in the timeline.

The way around it is do the first move don't hit ok right click push up select the new move type do the move if it's ok hit ok, if not right click push up again.

They are trying to work out how you can do many move types and keep parametric at the sametime.

Win10 pro | 16 GB ram | 4 GB graphics Quadro K2200 | Intel(R) 8Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v3 @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz

Daniel Lyall
The Big Boss
Mach3 User
My Websight, Daniels Wheelchair Customisations.
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report