Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Offset" does not retain Parameter reference

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tima123d
492 Views, 7 Replies

"Offset" does not retain Parameter reference

When using the Offset tool.
Specify a named Parameter as the offset distance.
It will use the value, but not retain the Parameter reference.

i.e If you change the value of the Parameter in the "Modify->Change Parameters", the offset will not change.

There is a workaround:

You have to select the dimension again and add the Parameter reference back in from the dimension change dialog for it to work.

Please see the screencast.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: tima123d

I wonder if this is related to a similar issue referenced here...

Message 3 of 8
jeff_strater
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, those are both bugs, and while not the same exact bug, are definitely instances of the same bug.  Thank you for reporting this

Jeff

Jeff Strater
Engineering Director
Message 4 of 8
Garyselliot
in reply to: jeff_strater

Wow! This was reported in 2016, acknowledged as a bug by Autodesk yet I'm still having the issue in 2023

Message 5 of 8
jhackney1972
in reply to: Garyselliot

I do not see this problem anymore.  Maybe you need to update your Fusion 360 version or repair your application.  If this continues for you, please make a video showing the issue you are seeing.

"If you find my answer solved your question, please select the Accept Solution icon"

John Hackney
Retired

Beyond the Drafting Board

Message 6 of 8
Garyselliot
in reply to: tima123d

All my software is up to date. I created some offset sketch objects using normal dimensions, then later decided I should apply a user parameter to them. When I apply the parameter it changes to the correct dimension, but it does not retain the 'fx' parameter identifier and does not update if the parameter value is changed. If I delete the offset feature then recreate it using the parameter it does retain the parameter. Although this is a workaround it did mean re-drawing most of the sketch, so it seems like the bug may only be partly fixed.

Message 7 of 8
g-andresen
in reply to: Garyselliot

Hi,

that´s what I see

günther

Message 8 of 8
HughesTooling
in reply to: g-andresen

If you try creating a parameter at the time you create the offset then it doesn't work. The parameter is created but not applied to the offset.  Edit. Looking back at the first post in this thread this bug is a bit different as you couldn't create on the fly parameters in 2016. @jeff_strater do you know if this new bug has been logged?

HughesTooling_0-1694515209695.png

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report