Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Insert into Current Design" option not available

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Noah_Katz
1317 Views, 5 Replies

"Insert into Current Design" option not available

I'm trying to do the Assembly lesson "Insert Components and Distributed Design". When I right-click on the Caster file the option "Insert into Current Design" is not available, only "Open".

I rebooted my computer but same thing.

I have seen before when poking around while watching the video.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
neljoshua
in reply to: Noah_Katz

@Noah_Katz,

Have you saved the design you are working on yet?  I do not think you can insert stuff into a design until you have saved it.

__

If this post answered your question, please select "Mark as Solution" in order to help others who may have the same (or a similar) question.

Lenovo Thinkpad P1, 2.70 GHz Intel Xeon, 32.0 GB, Windows 10 Pro
Message 3 of 6
Noah_Katz
in reply to: neljoshua

That did it; I wish the lesson would've said I needed to do that.

Not sure why, either; seems like it should let me do it and tell me it's read-only.

Anyway, thanks, Josh!

Message 4 of 6
neljoshua

@Noah_Katz,

I agree; that should be stated in the tutorial.  I cannot say how many times I have run into this problem myself because I just forget.

You are welcome!

__

If this post answered your question, please select "Mark as Solution" in order to help others who may have the same (or a similar) question.

Lenovo Thinkpad P1, 2.70 GHz Intel Xeon, 32.0 GB, Windows 10 Pro
Message 5 of 6
sloanHD3HX
in reply to: neljoshua

"Insert into current design" option is not available on any of my files in my data panel - even the "sample" files that came with Fusion 360.

How do I get this option back.as I am not able to reuse previous designs in new projects.

Message 6 of 6
d.j.taylor.usa

Saving the current design didn't work for me - "Insert into Current Design" is still grayed out...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report