Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Get latest" not there when I right-click

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Noah_Katz
438 Views, 7 Replies

"Get latest" not there when I right-click

I'm working on this Assembly lesson:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-5687460A-8A93-4D58-A128-0D071CA2428E

I've gone through Steps 8 - 12, several times, and as instructed I added the joint in the lever file, saved the file, and went back to the Clamps Joints file, but when I right-click on the lever component, "Get latest" is not there.

I thought it might be a naming conflict; I noticed that in the lever file there was a joint9, as well as a joint9 in the Clamps Joints file, so I renamed the one in the lever file to joints10 and saved it again.

That didn't help; still no "Get latest".

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
josef.kucera
in reply to: Noah_Katz

Hi Noah,

here is what I did and got Get Latest to work:

Hope it helps:

Regards,
Josef

Josef Kucera

Fusion QA
Message 3 of 8
Noah_Katz
in reply to: josef.kucera

Hi Josef,

Thanks for taking the time to make the nice screencast, but I find it very difficult to follow them; everything is small and I have trouble keeping my eye on the cursor.

I have to keep pausing and going back to see what happened, at which point I give up and start searching for video tutorials with narration.

But after having a problem with not having the option to "Insert into current design", I suspect the cause is the same and the solution would be to copy all of the relevant designs into my own project - is that correct?

Message 4 of 8
josef.kucera

Hi Noah,

I am sorry that the video wasn't so helpful for you. But you are right the right way is to save all sample files to you project/folder since they are read only and then insert them to an assembly...

Btw, you can expand video to fullscreen for better readability.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Josef

Josef Kucera

Fusion QA
Message 5 of 8
Noah_Katz

Expanding helps a lot; I didn't think I could at first, but after several clicks it works.

Thanks, Josef.

Message 6 of 8
josef.kucera

Great to hear that I could help.

Josef

Josef Kucera

Fusion QA
Message 7 of 8
josef.kucera

Here is also nice video about assembly modeling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SesuUThyZsU

Regards,

Josef

Josef Kucera

Fusion QA
Message 8 of 8
Noah_Katz

Thanks, I've seen that, it's a good one

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report