Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor performance when timiline is enable...

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jeanchris
812 Views, 6 Replies

Poor performance when timiline is enable...

Hello!

I'm currently modeling a 3d printer with many components and assembly. If I'm satisfied with the result (esay modeling tools) fusion 360 have very poor performance when "timeline" is activated. I'm must activate "do not capture capture design history" even if fusion 360 freeze many many times...

My computer is an 4790k 4.2Ghz + 16GO DDR3 + 980ti 6GO video memory.

Thank you in advance.

The link of my job if you want to try in your computer :

https://mon-partage.fr/f/ZbbiFUSV/

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TrippyLighting
in reply to: jeanchris

That link does not work.

Peter Doering
Message 3 of 7
jeanchris
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Hello.

The link is ok at home (I just tried). The *.f3d ~160MO

Message 4 of 7
jeanchris
Message 5 of 7
jeanchris

Somebody can test the file in his software?

thank you

Message 6 of 7
TrippyLighting

The question is what form of poor performance are you experiencing ?

In the little over 2 years I've worked with Fusion 360 I've not seen a design where every component was designed using a base feature.

To improve the viewport performance there are two main things you can do.

1. the obvious one is to limit many of the graphics effects/gimmicks. I usually only seem the Antialiasing but if things get too laggy I turn that off as well.

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 5.43.24 PM.png

2. When done with a particular part of the design, hide it.

3. If you need to see it to have a visual reference you can set it to "unselectable". In this design I'd definitely set all the components that are heavy in geometry yo unselectable e.g. the thread spindles and the toothed belts. 

4. There are also a number of components that are imported but are essentially mesh geometry that you should definitely hide, e.g . this fan. These mesh components are performance killers:

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 5.47.20 PM.png

5. Work with selection sets. So the 200+ screws that hod the frame together can be collected in a section set and shown/hidden at one time.

6.. Once you are done with a part of the assembly, lets say the frame, you could export it and be in a separate file and re-insert as a linked assembly. that will reduce the amount of data Fusion 360 has to re-calculate. The timeline evaluation skips over linked components, which will help performance.

Peter Doering
Message 7 of 7
jeanchris
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Thank you for your answer!

Ok If I understand there is some "tricks" to improve performance but the file itself is ok. 

Thank's

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report