Community
Fusion Support
Report issues, bugs, and or unexpected behaviors you’re seeing. Share Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) issues here and get support from the community as well as the Fusion team.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Artifacts

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
msfarrar
470 Views, 4 Replies

PDF Artifacts

Hello,

I just emailed some people a copy of my prints, the pdf version, and they were complaining about weird artifacts found on them. I took a look using my PDF viewer, Preview (safari), and saw these myself. The artifacts are showing up when I add a text box to my print. Is there anything I can do to prevent these artifacts from showing up? Attached is a picture. 

Thanks,

Mattie 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cekuhnen
in reply to: msfarrar

@msfarrar

Can you add a bigger PDF screen shot?

Also from my experience the PDF drawing export is still producing paths that are ok for viewing mainly only.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Message 3 of 5
msfarrar
in reply to: cekuhnen

Claas,

I can't provide a larger screenshot without giving away proprietary data. If I use the dimensioning tool, I do not get any artifacts when I export to PDF. If I use the text with leader line, there ends up being a box visible on the exported PDF. 

Message 4 of 5
cekuhnen
in reply to: msfarrar

@msfarrar

Ah the artifact is the box that is around the text. I see.

Yeah that looks like a hick - up. But it is a PDF you can open it in any app , select the box and delete it and save as PDF again.

Do you have Illustrator? If not you can use Gravit (https://app.designer.io/).

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design – Wayne State Universit

Chair Interior Design – Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen – product : interface : design

Message 5 of 5
msfarrar
in reply to: cekuhnen

I have tried exporting the print again, and it seems like all software view that artifact. I do not have illustrator on my computer. 

Its hard to get my dimensions across due to the big black boxes covering my notes. 

Thanks for any help. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report