Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newby needs some help please

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
malcolm.pearcey
322 Views, 4 Replies

Newby needs some help please

Hi Guys ,

So having had about 2 months at playing with sculpt i have a resonable understanding of the basics and have had some resonable sucess but find that either my skill level , or the "sculpt limitations" are preventing me from getting better refinement.

I figured it was time to look at wether going along the sketch route would give me more options and have spent the last week or so trying that approach.

I have started trying to sketch cross sectional frames and then lofting between them to get the desired shapes , but i keep stumbling fairly early on with mainly not achieving intersecting points .

Am i going in the right ditection and should just persevier ,or should i look ar a totally different approach?

All ideas welcome

Thanks

Malcolm 

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 17.29.48.pngSurf Boat Finished Sun 8th  8.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-20 at 17.52.30.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Malcolm, I've attached some example models, that shows how you could try to get your job done. There's much more ways to do it. I will make some tutorial when I'll have some time. For now try to investigate my work and play with that method.kayak.gif

Michał Lach
Designer
co-author
projektowanieproduktow.wordpress.com

Message 3 of 5

Where im getting lost is how you got the side view curvature for the cockpit and projected the points to get the oval for the cockpit, unfortunatly the file says its corrupted ?

M

Message 4 of 5

As I said, I would like to make tutorial about surface modeling and curves in Fusion, but I will take some time, maybe this weekend I'll try. For now take a look at short screencast. I'm showing how I've managed to get my cockpit profile. That way is not most desirable because of several reasons, but again it's complex, so I prefer to give full explanation, than just only bring confusion.
Last thing is about projection, way it shows error. Projected curve won't succeed if it self intersects.

Michał Lach
Designer
co-author

Message 5 of 5

second screncast, about projecting loops

Michał Lach
Designer
co-author

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report