Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move and position view in a defined way (keys, not mouse) / define view position

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
patrick.bollgruen
746 Views, 2 Replies

Move and position view in a defined way (keys, not mouse) / define view position

Hey everyone, I'm an engineer working on a publication. I am using fusion360 to make pictures of each of my fabrication step to visualize it better. I have drawn 6 designs which add parts bit by bit, I want to take a picture/rendering of each one so the reader understands what I'm doing

My problem is now that I cannot define the view position. When using the mouse, I get into a good perspective to take a picture, but it's impossible to repeat the exact same movement for the other designs.

When using the home button or one view, I don't get a good perspective.

So my question is, can I get into other views in a defined way? Can I control the view with the keys? Or enter coordinates by hand? Or is mouse and the perspective cube the only way to manipulate the view?

best Wishes,
Patrick

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @patrick.bollgruen

I don't know about positioning of views using keys but I would use Move command to move all parts to the Origin (same place), rotate to a desired view and create Named View to capture the position then use light bulbs in the browser for enabling and disabling visibility of components when rendering and taking pictures...

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Josef

Josef Kucera

Fusion QA
Message 3 of 3

Another option is use Look At to set the view then save a New Named View. You can create a construction plane using a sketch and plane along path as an aid to setting up the view as well. Unfortunately the Named View doesn't update if you edit the construction plane. The saved views can be used in the 2d drawing workspace as well.

Mark

Mark Hughes
Owner, Hughes Tooling
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report